Saturday, December 15, 2012

Step One: Organize

When I first decided I had to make a change I felt completely overwhelmed. There wasn't a single room in the entire house that resembled cleanliness. I would have rejoiced for just passable when at the time every single room and closet was actively embarrassing. So where to start when the task before you is so daunting...Organize!

The most game changing organization project I've completed thus far was thanks to Martha Stewart and her amazing fabric storage boxes. Although a tad pricey, these babies were perfect for closet storage. Two things set these apart from other storage bin options:

First, the built in labels. So crucial! I can't count how many times I've started a new organizational system but then gradually forgotten what the plan was and watched the whole system fall apart. Not this time though!!

Second, the smooth cloth construction that won't snag things! Much as I love woven rattan or metal baskets, they snag things! The Martha Stewart baskets are perfect for storing all my towels, sheets, swimsuits, etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment