Sunday, December 16, 2012

Spice Tea

This Spice Tea recipe has been passed through my fam for generations and it is truly the perfect after work pick me up in the winter. The tea contains caffeine so it's got a little boost and it is incredibly refreshing. Its sweet and orangey spiced at the same time. The recipe calls for sugar but I'm sure a low calorie sweetener could be substituted.


Ingredients:
2 cups tang
1 cup instant tea
1 sm pkg lemonade mix
2 cups sugar
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
¾ tsp ground cloves

Directions:
Stir it all together in big bowl.  To serve, mix a few tablespoons of mix with hot water.  I use about 2.5 tablespoons per regular size mug.

*note: I typically dump the entire tang container in (a little more than two cups) and I also spoon in a little extra sugar.

This also makes perfect christmas presents in mason jars like I did below.







No comments:

Post a Comment