Monday, December 31, 2012

Breakfast Quiche


Sadly, I can no longer deny the direct effect my eating habits have on my energy levels and overall demeanor. I had never consistently eaten a well balanced diet with fruit and veggies until I married my husband a year ago and started cooking for the both of us and so, call me dumb, but I never realized how tired and run down my body would feel after a day of eggos and fast food. Now that I get it though, I have a special appreciation for recipes like this one.  It may never replace a good pancake or cinnamon role, but its still totally delicious! It's also nutritional, portable, and reheats excellently. I usually make these on a Sunday and grab one each morning. They taste as good as the day I made them even on Friday.





Ingredients:
3 slices bacon
½ small onion diced
1 10oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, squeeze dried
½ tsp black pepper
⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
Pinch salt
1 15oz whole milk ricotta cheese
2 c shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c grated Parmesan cheese
3 eggs lightly beaten

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°
Cook and crumble bacon
In same skillet, cook onion until tender, then add spinach, nutmeg, and salt. Heat about. Min until dry. Remove from heat and stir in Bacon.

Pour mix in muffin pan.

Cook for 40 min

No comments:

Post a Comment