Saturday, December 15, 2012

Me and Being Chored


I’ve been chored.  I’m not proud of it, but I’ll still admit, it happens to me a lot. “Being chored” it’s that moment when you finally see just how horrible your home/office/car/what-have-you really is.  Still not clear?  Here’s a couple examples:
1)     The rotten, fermenting, trashcan smell smacksyou in the face… you’ve been chored
2)     Not one load of dirty dishes but THREE… you’vebeen chored
3)     precariously balancing the kleenex on the top ofthe trashcan pile… you’ve been chored
4)     Unidentifiable food substance shriveled andblack underneath the bed… you’ve been chored
You get the idea.  It can happen in an infinite number of ways and it’s always a bummer. I’m Sara, I’m 26, married for just under a year, I work full time, and I get chored a lot. A chore, by my definition, is something you have to do, but basically never want to do.  So if you are one of those gals who has always loved exercising and getting a runner’s high, or love keeping your area 100% perfectly organized so it looks so pretty, or think cooking is a hobby… you kinda bug me… and this is probably not the blog for you :-). 
I’m not one of those gals. I’m the kind that exercises because I’ve learned about cholesterol and other related health issues and because I rather like my figure.  I clean, not because living in filth bothers me, but because its not socially acceptable.  I cook because I need to eat and because my budget and my waist line demand it.  That’s the reality of it.  Cooking, cleaning, and exercises… I do them,but only because I have to…and therefore they are chores.
About 5 months ago, in response to being caught when my house was in utter disrepair, I started a big clean-up effort of both my house and my life. I’ve always struggled to balance life’s chores with my own personal need for fun and rest & relaxation; it’s like trying to find a diet that’s actually sustainable ove rthe long run.  This blog will hopefullydocument my journey, for better or worse, as I continue to learn the balancing act… and hopefully STOP getting chored!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment