Sunday, February 17, 2013

Easy Way to Hang a Headboard

My husband and I finally decided to build a headboard this morning after I ran across this headboard tutorial that used batting instead of super expensive foam. See tutorial here. It was a really great tutorial but I couldn't mount my headboard the way they did.

I did a quick google search for "how to hang a headboard" and found this picture. 

I really liked the idea but when I ran up to Home Depot I found out their similar French cleat system cost $arc 15 which would kill my project budget. Instead, I came up with this super easy and cheap system...stem



Basically, we just cut two pieces of 3/4" wood at 45 degree angles on one side. Then we attached one to the wall, and one to the headboard. We were worried on how secure it would be and I can honestly say the headboard won't budge. It seems like it is sucked to the wall.

The system worked especially well with our headboard which had an edge piece like a tray. This allowed us to mount the 45 degree piece within the "tray" and end up with the headboard flush against the wall.












No comments:

Post a Comment