Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Not Everyone Who Works Gets Fat




When I started working a real 40+ hours a week job I realized quickly that my fitness level was probably going to suffer. I mean that much time sitting on your duff is hard to overcome. Luckily, I've been hugely blessed to not battle weight problems throughout my life. I don't by any means have a perfect figure but I've always been able to create muscle and maintain a decent metabolism. These qualities meant the development of back fat and love handles was a slow progression that I easily justified with thoughts like "well, this is just reality for those of us with office jobs " Or "I'm not always going to look the same as I did in high school." While there is probably some level of truth in these statements, using them to justify my lackluster workout philosophy was definitely the wrong attitude.

Thankfully, I readjusted my thought process thanks to seeing the hard work of some of my closest friends and developed these 4 weekly workouts to try and get back on track. I have to confess here that while I thought these workouts were going to be a breeze, they have actually kicked my but and I've had to concede to only doing one set of the muscle routines.

Regardless though, I'm thrilled to report that after five straight weeks I am definitely seeing results! I feel significantly less "jiggly" and more toned. I've cut about 30 seconds off of my mile time and find the 15 to 20 min runs soo much easier than at first. Many of my measurements have also decreased fractionally and I've lost about 3 pounds. Three pounds might not sound very impressive but combined with the shrinking measurements and more toned appearance I'm completely thrilled! I also managed to GROW my chest measurement (can I get a whoop! For the flat girl!?!?) although I believe it has a good bit to do with developing some back muscle as opposed to spontaneous boob growth.... But still....

I took some great before and after pictures that I was planning on sharing until my husband informed me that I well... Wasn't. Sooooo, this will be a little less dramatic but I'll just have to give some before and after statistics:

Week 1
Weight: 140.6
Booty: 38.75 inches
Waist: 27.75 inches
Chest: 32 inches

Week 5:
Weight: 137.4
Booty: 37.75 inches
Waist: 26.5
Chest: 32.75

The difference:
Weight: - 3.2 lbs
Booty: - 1 inch
Chest: + .75 inches





No comments:

Post a Comment