Saturday, March 16, 2013

First Farm Table

Some people love designer bags or maybe your thing is jewelry; mine is furniture. I have loved furniture for as long as I can remember. Its not really so much about expensive as it is about cool. My favorite thing is probably finding a great quality piece at a dirt cheap price. Something that looks great but cost nothing. I also love to build though. I bought my first set of power tools when I was 21 and have grown the collection considerably since then. I'm probably the only girl who would be thrilled if my husband bought me a pile of wood and a new drill for Christmas!

My two loves came to a wonderful heading when I started seeing some of the gorgeous farm tables people have been building and posting on Pinterest. For weeks I have been contemplating exactly what type of table I wanted to build. I finally decided on a very simple style that uses hair pin legs. I love the hair pin legs because they are so minimalistic and also because using them would save me tons of time on the project!!

I am really excited about this table even though I have no idea where I'm going to put it!! Right now it's just hanging out in the garage until I decide it if will replace my kitchen table, become an actual dining room table, or be sold on Craigslist!







No comments:

Post a Comment