Sunday, January 13, 2013

Born Again Christian


I got a pretty good laugh this afternoon when my mom said I was like a born again Christian... Only with cleaning and organization. We were commiserating over our husbands who think "cleaning" is pushing everything into a corner, under some furniture, or into a stack when out of of the blue my mom says "Your dad and I think you're like a born again Christian, you know they are "gung ho", all in, 100% dedicated and that's how you are with cleaning now." Somewhere in there she even said she felt sorry for my husband... This from the woman who grounded me from half my childhood (slight exaggeration) because I couldn't keep my room clean.

At first I was kinda offended by this fanatical description of my behavior and tried to downplay it but now I'm starting to face the truth...and I like it!! NEVER in my life have I been described as a clean or organized person, and while that's not exactly what my mom said, it's definitely the closest I've ever come. The "born again" implication is that eventually ill fizzle out but I'm really starting to feel like its a more permanent change.

Tonight I went to Marshall's because its where I go when I need to purchase happiness and distractions. Anyways, I came across these little kitchen containers which I love especially considering I leaked tons of flour on my floor last week when the bag ripped. These weren't totally an impulse buy as last week after the flour spillage I decided I needed some containers, but they definitely boosted my spirits! If organizing and cleaning stays this rewarding then I'm definitely going to be a lifer!!
   


No comments:

Post a Comment